Sunday, September 5, 2010

Plan C

My folks seem to be situated now, knowing that my mom's eye surgery is this coming Tuesday and my dad's surgery is at the end of the month, I feel more at ease. To make matters worse however, my mom came down with an awful head cold yesterday and is worried that they will not perform the cataract eye surgery on her other eye next week. When it rains, it pours! We'll see what happens.

Bike man and I took off for home today. After arriving home we needed to do laundry, put stuff away and then pack for our Plan C trip. Yup, that's right. I decided that I didn't want to go back to work since I've waited all year to take a bicycle trip. Yesterday morning, Bike man announced that he had planned a two-day bike trip to Pepin....Pepin is along the Mississippi River on HWY 35. Was I up for that? You bettcha.


After making a big pot of spicy chili tonight, I think we are packed for our 3 day trip. Annabelle was intrigued by our trailer.....crazy cat! Here's the plan: Ride from our house to Pepin (via the RC trail & county roads), 58 miles and camp overnight at a campground in Pepin. From Pepin we will head north to Maiden Rock and then head up into the hills.......I said hills, like 9% grade! The second day we will camp at Nugget Lake, which is near Plum City. The third day we will head for home (Wednesday). Total miles should be around 115-120.
We only want to be gone a few days since Bike man is planning on taking off this weekend on his bike to head north for another state lake meeting. His bike trip should take him into next week. As for me, I hope to be on my bike this weekend......not sure where. Becca/Artena, do you wanna bike with me???


5 comments:

  1. Those are some hills you'll be climbing. Make sure bike man pulls bob some of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like plan C. It sounds like a good plan. Have fun, buy my some hard cider while your down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UTTERLY AWESOME!!!. Plan C. That was my pick I didn't want to say, glad it's happening.
    I'm thinking Bike man and you needs that time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that will be a nice ride, the weather has been lovely and cool. Hope the rain didn't hinder you today.

    ReplyDelete