Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cycle To Your Local Market

Cycled into Menomonie today and headed over to the farmer's market. I decided I would spend part of the afternoon visiting with Aunt Krissy, who sells her goat soap every Saturday at the farmer's market. The day started out cloudy, misty rain and windy. By mid day the skies opened up and we finally had sunshine. Treated myself to a cup of hot coffee and a delicious cranberry scone.

I love her goat milk soap. We've been using it for two years now.

One of the fun things to do at the market is people watch. People can be so interesting. I saw lots of people on bikes today. Most were city people and not long distance riders. I came prepared with my pannier bags so I could load up with Yukon gold potatoes, jalapenos, green beans and one baguette!


Right next door to the farmer's market was a horse and buggy auction. Lots of buggies and trailers!



What a cool buggy....love the blue fringe.




I had such a hard time photographing this wagon. These random men kept walking in front of me every time I wanted to snap a photo. Darn men, get out of my way!!!! I take my photography seriously.
After several hours at the market, I hoped back on my bike and road home. By this time, the skies were blue, but the wind had increased in intensity. Rode home with a cross wind and sometimes a tail wind.....can't complain about that! (26 miles)





6 comments:

  1. Ken was at the farmer's market this morning but said he didn't see Krissy. He bought me home a nice bouquet of Zinnias and some green beans.

    It was a nice day for a ride. Those buggies are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People watching is such an interesting pastime. We do it often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit. It was nice to have someone to chat with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun day. I like Krissy's soap displayed like that - she did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love LOVE homemade soap!!!
    And....question: Did you buy a buggy! How neat those are!!!
    Hugs and love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete