Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All Is Well


Was a very looooong day today.  My dad came through his procedure very well, however, he did have three stents put in because of considerable blockage.  Actually, a few of the arteries had suffered years of hard blockage so instead of a two-hour procedure, it turned out to be more like three hours.

I just have to share this one little shinning moment when the nurse wheeled my dad back to his room.  You see, my dad was still under the influence of his anesthesia so he was a very, very happy man.....almost giddy.  As the nurse wheeled him back in to his room, dad yelled, "hey, look....I have a sucker."! Lick, lick, lick, lick, lick!!!!  I've never seen a grown man enjoy a Tootsie pop so much.  Besides that, my dad was REALLY sharing with all the nurses and doctor, you know TMI (too much information).  I don't know, there was some comment about having a new heart, chasing my mom & sex......I almost got up and ran out of the room.  Yup, even daughter's get embarrassed.

Dad's feeling back to normal tonight.  I hope he gets a good night's sleep.

The angioplasty & stent work was done through dad's right arm....lots of bruising and blood in the tissue.  I'm sure dad will feel better by this weekend.

Thanks to all my blogger friends for the nice comments and concerns for my dad.

PS.  Thanks Jackie (Teacher's Pet) for the nice phone chat tonight.....love your southern drawl

10 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo glad to hear that the surgery on your Dad went well. What wonderful news!!
    I think this means Tootsie Pops for everybody....toooo cute that the anesthesia brought smiles (and blushes) to you and your Mom....and so glad that you shared the photos and the good news with us. I hope that your Dad continues to heal quickly. He looks wonderful.
    It was marvelous to talk with you this evening (love \your 'northern' accent. I didn't think I had an accent until I heard yours!! Beautiful!)
    I'm so glad you could be with your parents. Take care, my friend.
    Love and hugs from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, all went well, I hope your papa sleeps like baby tonight. Nice to get a worry like that over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad that all is well. His arm does look painfull.

    Also we don't need ot hear about your folks sex life! YACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear everything worked out well for your Dad. That must be very worrisome to wait while someone undergoes such serious surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee for your Dad! I bet his arm is sore today though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad your dad is doing so great....

    and that anesthesia talk.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anesthesia talk is the best! Too funny :) So glad to hear all went well and they fixed everything they needed to all at once! Hope your dad is feeling better and better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad he's doing well, his arm looks like it hurt though.

    Wow...makes me wonder if I said anything weird or that had too much TMI when I had surgery? I think mostly the anesthesia just made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very, very glad that ALL went well! And very happy for you that he's returning to "normal..." Ha! Too funny! You are very beautiful, btw...and your Dad has such a kind and warm smile! I'm sure he was the favorite patient that day! You're both in my prayers! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been in my thoughts, glad to hear that everything is okay. :)

    Love,
    Rissa

    ReplyDelete