Mom and I pulled up to the hospital this morning and discovered a flock of bicycles. I'm not kidding. Every type and kind..... commuter, mountain, hybrids and a few road bikes!
Off to the corner of the hospital entrance you can see the bicycle coral.
I went and talked to the guys doing the bicycle maintenance this morning. Apparently, today was "ride-your-bike-to-work" day. Not sure if that was a local Madison thing or not, but the guy told me that the hospital organized the bike maintenance outside the hospital as a way to get their employees to cycle to work. How cool is that? I'm jealous. Being in a bicycle friendly city is awesome. I sure miss Madison. Can't believe I use to live here 30 years ago, however, it wasn't really bike friendly back in the day!
Dad Update: My dad was released today with all kinds of good suggestions from the dietitian on how to eat a heart healthy diet. I was there to listen to the dietitian's advice, and it actually put me to shame. I certainly could strive to eliminate animal fats from my diet. Ohhhhhh geez, the things we have to do to stay healthy. The one thing I did hear that rang loud and clear to me was, EXERCISE. Exercise will help reduce your triglycerides and blood sugar.
So keep exercising for a healthy heart (& vessels). More reasons to commute to work by bicycle. Now if the weather would just cooperate!
Driving back home tomorrow morning...hope to be on the road by 7 am.
I'm pretty sure bike to work is nationwide. It's going on here, and I think it's a week long event. I don't pay a lot of attention to it, 'cause I'm already on the bike a lot.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that your Dad was released today! Hurrah!!!...and continued good health to him.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful that you saw all those bikes today! You were in heaven, I'm sure!!!! I smiled...
Hugs and love to you, Lisa,
Jackie
That's great news about your dad. I guess I wont share my bacon sandwich with you!
ReplyDeleteYay for your papa.
ReplyDeleteMadison is always voted in the top 10 for bicycling cities.
Fun town, State street is always bustling.
A lot of employers now days are encouraging healthy living. It'll pay off in the end and folks will be healthier. A big win-win situation.
ReplyDeletewow.. when we have "shore lunches".. deep fried walleye, Bacon and onion sandwiches (with real butter) and fried potatoes, I can feel my arteries harden. But thats a Minnesota thing!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear your dad is doing fine. Rose
Bet you were in bike heaven there with all those bikes around you.
ReplyDeleteSo Glad your Dad is doing ok.