Friday, January 1, 2010

Today's theme.......

Today's theme could only be described as cold, sunshine and crisp snow.

At this time of the year most of the rivers around here are iced over with a fresh coating of fluffy snow. You know, I caught myself doing that cold run/walk thing again every time I was outdoors. There's something about single digit temperatures with a north wind that makes my body moves quickly.
Bike man and I spent the day away from home. Had some obligations to take care of and then it was off to the city to buy some new, super warm gloves for cycling.
Ended our day dining out at a new sport bar & grill. Enjoyed a delicious Italian beef sandwich, complete with au jus and sweet potato fries.....yummmmm. Also enjoyed a nice warm cup of Jack Daniels Tennessee Mud. See recipe below. Stay warm my Midwest friends.
Jack Daniels Tennessee Mud
Start with a 1/2 cup of black coffee. Add a shot of Jack Daniels Bourbon whisky & a small shot of Amaretto. Add some half & half and top off with more black coffee. Ahhhhhh.....enjoy the nice warm soothing sensation of a body warming drink. Just what you need for subzero temperatures.
What's your favorite winter drink to warm the body & soul?

7 comments:

  1. I love the photos...especially of water covered with ice/snow...something I only get to see in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be home in now time tromping through the snow with you. I have enjoyed catching up on your life once again. You are very gifted at sharing the gifts you have been given. Blessings
    See you soon,
    Randal

    ReplyDelete
  3. To bad that you have to use coffee that drink. I like to drink spiced tea when I'm chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I have all the ingredients for that one. Might be giving that a try sounds good. Oh yes, what Tom said, "sweet potatoe fries" they make carbo loading a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look crisp and cold. I enjoy Hot Chocolate with whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these photos are simply beautiful!!! So pristine!!! You live in such a lovely place!! Brrr, though!!! I think I need some of what you're having ;-) I'm so glad I got to meet you 2009!!! Looking forward to 2010 with you!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete