Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Night Spin

I kind of felt like this guy....out of breath on the hill climb!

Tonight was my spin class. Only a couple people showed up. What happened to all the people that felt the guilt from eating too many Christmas treats? It was just as well. Since I didn't teach class last week, my muscles felt really stiff and a little out of breath tonight.....not my best class I must say.

Good news: the snow on the lake is minimal and crusty, so it looks like snow riding will not be as bad as I thought. I'm planning on getting my bike out again on New Year's day for a little "studded" riding! Bike man promised to switch my pedals and put his flat pedals on my bike. His flat pedals have small teeth that will help grip my shoes/winter boots. I decided I didn't want to use my clipless pedals for lake riding. I just want warm feet & toes.


6 comments:

  1. Do you pick the music for your spin classes? If so, what tunes do you play for spin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. D...yes I pick the music, mostly 90's rock. I put together the spin routines. The best music for spin class is anything that is 140-145 bpm. If the music is too slow, your class participants won't work as hard.

    I need to work on a few new playlist for spinning. Any music suggestions would be appreciated.

    The people that come to your spin class make a big difference. This year, I seem to have really quiet people that don't want to chit chat....it's all business.

    Spin class can be fun if you have the right music and right people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm riding in 2010.
    Should I send you a photo of me 'before' and 'after'...(I'm talking about before I get on the bike and after I get off!)
    :))
    Smiles to you, my friend.
    (Interesting to read that the bpm make a difference in class, but it does make sense. When I used to walk 3 miles a day, I would walk with my music going...and I would walk faster if a song was on that had a faster beat...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhhh. Some people don't feel guilt for eating treats. Just a FYI. Maybe you were out of breath due to your cold?

    Aunt Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we have to feel guilty for eating Christmas cookies?

    Love you new little santa gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the weather is warmer for your ride this weekend, sure is cold today..

    ReplyDelete