I worked all day today on salsa. I ended up chopping the tomatoes by hand, verses using my food processor because I like my salsa chunky and the food processor pulverises the tomatoes too much. It took forever chopping tomatoes, but fortunately I had 70's and 80's music playing in the background, so I just got lost in the music. I made two batches of salsa...medium hot.
While the salsa was in the pressure cooker, I decided I had enough tomatoes left to make one more batch. It was at that point in the day that I became frisky, and decided to add the one Habanero pepper that Kellie gave me.
I carefully seeded and chopped the Habanero chili pepper (used rubber gloves), but then I tested the Habanero to see how hot it was. Hello.....it was hot. My tongue was on fire. For the next 30 minutes I nursed my tongue on half & half cream to soothe my firey tongue! I added the little Habanero chili pepper to my third batch of salsa. I'm calling that batch "Screaming Salsa."
I'm totally exhausted tonight. Can't believe how long it took to make three batches of salsa, but it was well worth it!
I've been waiting to see how your salsa turned out.
ReplyDeleteOuch!! That was one hot chili pepper...burned your finger AND your tongue. No thank you!!! :)))
I bet the salsa was delish!! You are a hard-working gurl...and I admire you so much.
Smiles to you from Jackie
Thanks Jackie...I forgot to mention I made 16 pints of salsa today. So much for relaxing today!
ReplyDeleteGood job Lisa! It take time to make that much salsa. That's why i didn't want to make any this year.
ReplyDeleteYour salsa looks delicious! I made a few batches yesterday too. And yes it is very time consuming, but well worth it.
ReplyDeleteThat screamin one sounds way too hot for me, although cooling it off with 1/2 and 1/2 is not a bad idea at all.
ReplyDelete