Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Farmer's Market

If you want variety and colors, go to the local Farmer's Market

Mother of all onions!

My favorite, baby reds



Very nice presentation


The color is so red that you can almost taste the freshness
Highlights from the Farmer's Market today. Arrived late this afternoon right before everyone was packing up to leave. The skies were all cloudy and gray with gusty winds, but the vegetables and flowers looked beautiful. The gray clouds did not ruin my day....I had a lovely day with my kids. I even cooked a special meal tonight. Will share my special recipe in a day or two.
Tomorrow we will be traveling to Duluth, Minnesota to help move our daughter. Very busy weekend, but that's ok because I love my children and I love to be busy!




7 comments:

  1. I love red potatoes. Add an easy white sauce and some fresh green peas and life gets very good very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....there isn't a photo on your blog tonight that I don't love! Great shots!! So vivid...and "MAN...what an onion!"
    That is a yumyun!
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HL's...the white sauce and red potatoes sound excellent. Maybe not the peas, but green beans would be just great.

    Jackie...Glad you like my photos. Color was my theme today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tomatos looked spectacular!

    Ok, how would a white sauce (flour, butter, milk, salt & pepper) make the taters better? I've never had that. Although I use the white sauce as a base for making cheese (with velveeta) sauce for califlower/broc, I've not heard it used with taters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellie...I will try it and let you know how it comes out. You can either buy a white sauce in a jar, or make homemade. I think I will make homemade. The name of the white sauce begins with a "B" but can't think of the spelling right now.

    Baby reds and white sauce sounds wonderful...very down-home cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh is always best! Those flowers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh vegetables would taste so much better than what we've been having. I envy you!

    ReplyDelete