Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Kiwi Vine

The Kiwi vine continues to grow every summer, providing lots shade for the Hostas and birds.

When you stand under the arbor of the Kiwi vine, it's like walking into your own little shaded room, all cozy and comforting.

I took a good look today to see how many kiwi fruits are on the vines. I could see lots of fruit, however, most are not ripe yet...maybe another week or so. I did fine a few kiwi's that were very ripe. Oh, my they were so sweet and delicious.



I am standing underneath the Kiwi vine looking out. I think I should put a chair under the Kiwi vine so I can enjoy the shade and view!


Here are the little sweet treasures. They really are cute don't you think? Totally organic, wholesome and nutritious!





9 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are lucky that kiwi fruit grow where you live. I am half Kiwi! =D It looks like you are having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are weird looking kiwis! Interesting, though. I'm hoping to grow Zone 4 compatible apricots (if I can ever get those stubborn stumps dug out, that is). Eating fruit out of your own back yard is wonderful. Plus, I spend way too much money on fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne...maybe you should rent one of those stump remover machines. We did that years ago and got rid of lots of tree stumps. Digging out stumps by hand is HARD work.

    Besides kiwi's, we have blueberries too. Someday I want to add raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking Kiwi plants and you get some fruit from it also. That's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the arbor....a peaceful-looking place to be. You are a tainterturtle of all trades, aren't you, girl? :))
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool. I have wanted to try kiwis on an arbor but we don't have much room for them in a sunny area. I have seen those in the garden catalogs and wondered if they tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris...you should really think about growing some kiwi's. They are very fast growers and create instead shade which is perfect for our hostas. Years back the fruit was always small, but now the kiwi's are producing much bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. K. grandparents down the road had a Kiwi vine and they really liked the fruit, but I never tasted any of theirs. Do they taste like the bigger fuzzy kind you get in the store?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea you could grow fruit like kiwi in WI. I thought they were a much warmer weather type plant. How did your topsy turvy work this summer? I remember you posting about them early this spring, but don't remember if I ever saw the results.

    ReplyDelete