Sunday, May 17, 2009

UMD Graduation

Our daughter, Becca, graduated this weekend from the University of Minnesota Duluth. Becca graduated from the College of Education with a degree in secondary education in Social Studies. She still has the fall semester to complete her student teaching, which she will be doing at a middle school in Duluth. I can't believe how fast the last four years has gone, but at the same time I am glad our daughter is done with all her education classes.
After the graduation (which took 3 hours), we all went out for Mexican food and then came back to Becca's house to help assist with packing tasks. Before we left this morning to drive home, we meet Becca at Dunn Brother's (coffee cafe) and had a nice relaxing morning breakfast. I was sad to leave Duluth this morning....I love Duluth, even if they do have lots of pot holes in their roads.

Had to take a picture of our beautiful fruit pizza! Becca made the crust and filling, and I assembled the fruit pizza yesterday after arriving at her house. The fruit pizza didn't last long, as we snacked on it before the graduation ceremony and aftwards when we got back!
Congratulations Becca!!!



4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Becca. Now go get a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter. Her sense of accomplishment, may only be surpassed by how proud you are of her.
    The joy our kids bring into our lives still amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fruit pizza looks really good1 Congratulations Becca! That's a huge accomplishment. I hope she enjoys student teaching in a middle school. I love kids but think that's probably a hard age, yet fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Momo : ) Good pictures! I'm so glad we made that fruit pizza...it was perfect! After my marathon packing day on Sunday, I've decided that I'm totally going to take all the help I can get anytime I ever move again! No more saying goodbye after Dunn Bros! hehe

    ReplyDelete