
We attended an afternoon wedding today. The wedding was held at a newly built Catholic church south of Eau Claire. What a cool church. The landscaping at this church was great, not too mention the architecture of the building.

I've never been in a Catholic church where the altar was all glass windows. Outside the windows was a beautiful rock waterfall, which seem to attract a lot of birds. I kept looking out the windows at all the birds playing in the water....it was simply gorgeous & peaceful.

The young lady getting married is someone Ted will be working with all summer long, as they will be doing lake monitoring throughout three northern counties in Wisconsin. It's hard to believe that in less than three days from now, the pretty bride will be out in a boat, on several lakes each day conducting tests for invasive species (and getting sweaty & dirty). No honeymoon for this young couple! The wedding was very nice and I'm glad we attended.

Something else very new to me....cupcakes in place of wedding cake! The groom owns a tea shop in downtown Eau Claire and right down the street from the tea shop is a cupcake bakery. Maybe the cupcake owner gave the bride and groom a good deal on the cupcakes. All I know is that the cupcake display was beautiful, and the cupcakes were very tasty. The cupcakes were definitely a big hit with all the little children at the wedding reception.
I love it - although I prefer cake to cupcakes. They are just a bit messy with the wrapper and all. That is a beautiful church. I would find myself gazing out the window and not paying attention I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteThat looks likes very beautiful church. I'm with patty, would be hard to pay attention with being able to look outside all the time.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very beautiful church. I always thought a church with big windows in the front would be the way to go.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of people doing cupcakes at weddings. I like the idea!