Yup, that's me taking off for my bicycle commute. A delightful morning with less wind and warmer temperatures. Ted rode with me this morning and did a good job of pushing me to ride a little harder.
After work tonight (5:30 pm) I had to stay for a library board meeting. Our meeting lasted one hour, but then it took me ten minutes to shut down the library and gather my "stuff."
I headed for home on my bike about 6:50 pm tonight. I was concerned about riding home much later than normal, but was shocked to feel the temperature when I stepped outside...wow. The temperature must have been around mid 80 degrees.
I had a nice surprise on my way home. Just as I crested my first hill, I noticed another cyclist coming up from behind me...you couldn't miss his orange jersey! As he caught up to me on the downhill, we continued to ride together for the next 6 miles or so. We chatted about cycling and other stuff. Then I discovered he knows one of the girls I work with because he attends her church....wow, what a small world.
It definitely made a difference to ride with another biker. Of course I was trying to keep my speed up, didn't want him to think I was a wimp. At one point I even felt a little nauseated climbing the second hill....lol, I'm such a nerd. I hung on with him and then we said our good-byes. I was so glad to meet up with this nice guy. Thank you to whoever you were, I needed the extra push.
So now you can eat your ice cream without any guilt. You will be in good shape for your bike vacation in July.
ReplyDeleteVery nice, Mom. You are lookin good : )
ReplyDeleteSo is it somebody Aunt Krissy knows or that I know?
ReplyDeleteI bet you were glad you didn't take your bike today. I took a walk after supper, than took and shower and the shower floor was brown with sand and dirt.
CL...the nice man that I rode with belongs to your church, that's what he told me. He also told me he knew who you & your hubby were.
ReplyDelete