What a weird day. Temperatures around 90 degrees with wind gusts around 45 mph. Not a good situation when you live out in the country with nearby farm fields freshly plowed!!!!! (that's dirt you see in this picture blowing around).
No, I did not ride my bike to work today! I'm so glad I chose not too ride since all of the open farm fields consisted of blowing dirt. It looked like like a dust storm around here. I can still taste the dirt in my throat!
I stopped to gas up my car at the local Cenex and could hardly take the blowing sand into my face and nose. It was horrible.
I came home from my road trip and my counter tops are all gritty. I didn't think about my bed. Oh well, I'm used to sand in the bed because of Abby.
ReplyDeleteI had our bedroom windows open. I don't think I noticed the dirt, because they need to be cleaned so badly.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds icky. Probably like when we got the ash but at least that was all outside, except for what the dogs tracked in on their feet. But not near like what you got. I hope the wind goes away when we get there.
ReplyDeleteoi, you poor thing! we sometimes have sandstorms that cover everything in yellow-red dust. the sky is almost brown on those days, making the light look absolutely weird. on those days closed windows are a must:)
ReplyDelete