Sunday, April 12, 2009

On the Road For Easter

Speaking of Easter eggs, I took lots of pictures of my grandma's egg collection this weekend while visiting my folks. Some of my blogger friends might remember I posted about my grandma Fannie who ornately decorated eggs as a hobby back in the 1970's. She is now deceased. Here is one of her largest eggs....I think this is an Emu egg.

We took off this morning for home and arrived in the afternoon. Our daughter took a 1 1/2 hour break at home and then took off for her home in Duluth, MN. Today was so nice that I decided to end the day by raking leaves for a couple hours in the warm temps. Conditions are dry...we need rain soon!

Here's a picture of the egg in the closed position. It's a little top heavy, so the egg has to be displayed closed. It's hard to believe my grandmother constructed these beautiful eggs with only the site of one eye. She was blinded in one eye by a car accident. I'm glad after 40+ years I can display her eggs on my blog. More egg photos to come later on.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Grandmas story. The eggs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very intricately done. It's nice to have artistic creations handed down from generation to generation. I'm glad you cherish them.

    ReplyDelete