Monday, April 13, 2009

National Library Week

National Library Week equals cake!!! Cake equals happy library customers. This is the one time of the year where we can get away with feeding our customers treats and also providing them with recreational reading or entertainment. It's a win, win situation. I envy those large metropolitan libraries where they feature an in-house coffee cafe with freshly brewed coffee drinks, while you browse the new fiction novels.

Ended my workday with teaching a spin class...one empty bike however. In two weeks I will try dropping one spin class and adding an outdoor group ride. I hope this group ride will gain attention, but I'm skeptical. Most fitness center people just want to workout in a building....on machines! I just want to give people another option, a real exercise option.

Because of meetings, library programs and late nights at work, I've postpone my bike commuting for another week or two. I wish I didn't have work commitments, but I do....it comes with the job. I feel really down, because I realized how much my job controls my schedule. Guess I'll just have to get creative about when and how I can ride my bike during the work week.

4 comments:

  1. work does have a way of interfering with life doesn't it? I just have to remember that working is what brings the money to live the life and not be broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a coffe house too and a fireplace that worked! The cake was really yummy. Poor Kris had to vac up alot of crumbs thought after the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking cake mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris...wish you were here to taste some!

    ReplyDelete