The sun is shinning, but the air temperature is only 40 degrees this afternoon, so I still can't go outside and start any yard or garden projects. What's the next best thing? Cook your favorite food! My all-time favorite thing to make is green chili enchiladas, preferable hot or medium. Don't skimp on the enchilada sauce, or your enchiladas will turn out blah. My favorite sauce is Hatch. The green chili Hatch brand is a nice thicker sauce, while the Hatch red chili enchilada sauce is a little bit thinner. When I have a choice, I always go for the green chili...my favorite. Tonight I'm using chicken and white corn tortillas. I like to roll my enchiladas and place them in a pan and then bake. I find the enchiladas are easier to eat, rather than stacking the tortillas and meat filling.
I'm starting to learn the difference between levels of heat and varieties of peppers. The little red Thai peppers (otherwise known as Bird's eye chili peppers) are just plain HOT, while certain green chili peppers are hot, but also tangy in their hotness and flavor. Then red chili's are smoky hot, which I really like too.
Now you might find this odd, but I don't like the heat or hotness from black or white pepper. I don't like the pepper flavor....it's really hard to explain. Just felt compiled to tell you all about my pepper likes and dislikes.
I get it. I also like the flavor of chili peppers. One time in CO we went to a Mexican resturant and they cooked the chilis fresh outside. Some of the best food I ever had had.
ReplyDeleteI love enchiladas...would you post your recipe please? Yours look so good.
ReplyDeleteI like black pepper seasoning more than I like hot peppers. Not much of a hot pepper person.
ReplyDelete