Friday, January 23, 2009

I Don't Like Meetings...Plain & Simple

I was able to get away from my workplace today. I had a Director's meeting in Eau Claire that dragged on and on. At one point I even lost track of what the other Director's were debating. Has that ever happened to you? I don't do well in meetings, mainly because I have to sit there without moving around....I hate that. Then to make matters worse, I had to sit next to a woman that couldn't sit still. For two hours straight she fidgeted in her chair and was always moving some body part. I think that's what you call adult ADHD! It was really BAD. I don't mean to be critical, but many times I almost put my hand on her leg or shoulder to calm her down. I was so happy to get out of there after the meeting.

It was one of those nights where we literally had to "throw" people out of the library because they wouldn't listen to our five minute warnings that we were closing at 5 pm. Of course that made me late for cycle class! Grrrrrr. Everything worked out ok, but I'm actually thinking about buying an air horn to sound our library closing. What do you think? Yup, it was one of those days today.

5 comments:

  1. Did it not occur to you that the lady sitting next to you may have needed a tube of "Preparation H?"
    Owlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Owlie...I never thought of that. If she did, she sure covered it up well. I lost count of how many times she dug into her purse, picked at her teeth, went to get snacks, put tons of lotion on her hands, shifted in her chair, crossed & uncrossed her legs, raised her hand, picked at her heavy socks....I think you get the drift!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats funny! just yesterday at the gas staion i wanted to put my hand on the guys hand in front of me as he was tap tap tapping his fingers on the counter top! The cleark was right there helping him too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like that was a long boring meeting. Hope your weekend is better than your friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about hemmorhoids too. But I bet she was bored spitless also. I don't mind productive meetings, but I'm with you on the boring ones.

    ReplyDelete