Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today Was a Good Soup Day




It was one of those days where we just did whatever! Ted, Chris and I went out for breakfast, and then we decided to drive over to Eau Claire to look at ice fising shacks. We decided not to buy one even though they were on sale. Besides all the sporting goods shops we visited today, we did find the new teahouse in downtown Eau Claire called "Infinitea Teahouse." We bought some new teas, which I'm excited to try. I wanted to try some white teas, so I picked out a few and will brew them tomorrow. Some of the white teas are better served cold because they are so light in intensity. It's all about the brewing time...that's what the store owner told me today.

We ended our afternoon by stopping by Bad Cat Bicycle shop in Menomonie. We had a good conversation with Pete, the store owner. As it turns out, Bad Cat bike shop has designated nights were bikers get together and spin together on bike trainers...just like my spinning classes at the fitness center. What a nice idea....it's just a bunch of cyclists that want to keep in shape during the winter months. They use spinning/training DVD's and have monitors set up in the bike shop. We found out that many new bike events are planned for 2009, so I hope we can get involved and meet some new cyclists in the Menomonie area.


I was hungry for homade soup tonight so I made a batch of creamy chicken vegetable soup. Gosh that hit the spot! On cold days like today soup hits the spot. Other than that, it was a typical cold January day...not much else to report. Stay warm everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Your soup sounded better then my fried potatoe and onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered about those soup blends. I tried a potato soup mix once and was not impressed, but yours looks good. Maybe I tried a cheap brand and got what I paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty...the creamy chicken vegetable soup I made was homemade and really easy to make. The recipe came from a cookbook we have at the library. I can share the recipe if you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do L. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were in EC too. We went to the Coffe Grounds, I was looking for some more of the loose tea I got there last time. But they only had a couple black loose teas that were decaf. I think I'll have to look on-line, or maybe try that new tea place out.

    ReplyDelete