Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We're a Family Again - Yippee!

I'm so happy...my babies are both home together. We are a family again! Becca hasn't been home since the first week of June so this is a real treat for her dad and me. Thankfully Chris comes home for weekend visits and that really helps my family blues. When the kids left for college I felt like a little part of me was lost because I couldn't have those spontanious conversations any longer with my kids. If I had something really exciting to share, I ended up bombarding my husband with tons of information about my work day, or what happened when I went to a meeting, blah, blah, blah. After four years I'm use to being patient when it comes to how or when I can talk to the kids. I'm finally juggling both kids busy school schedules and try to squeeze in a quick five minute conversation, especially Becca who has lots of part-times jobs and spends a lot of time at church functions or her college classes. I'm just thankful for times like this when both kids are home and we can laugh and have a goofy time. Becca and Chris don't know what they are in for however. Their momma has turned into a photo buff and will take pictures all day long if the opportunity knocks. I still need to practice my whistle, hee, hee (that's a Grandpa Curnow thing)!!!!!!!!!

What are you thankful for in your life?

Hey, hey, hey.....guess who got a turkey today? My staff member Jenny was working with me at the library and that same guy came in tonight right before we closed. He took one look at Jenny and said, "did you get a turkey"? Jenny said "no." He darted out of the library to his car to go get a candy turkey. At that point I thought I was going to wet my pants with laughter. So Kris, if you are reading this....Jenny got TURKEYED TODAY!!!!!!!!! Sorry Kellie, you missed out on all the fun. Hummmm, I wonder if Jenny will eat her turkey like someone I know!

4 comments:

  1. That guy is odd! I think it's odd that he came in to make sure that everybody got this cookie turkey

    I'm thankful for my friends here in WI and my stress-less library job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that both of my babies and their spouses and the grandbaby are all coming home for Christmas. I know what you mean when the kids leave home. Mine both left within a week of each other and I cried for months (not continually but off and on when something hit me just right.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By The Numbers!
    I'm thankful I have 3 talented daughters, 3 successful sons-in-laws, 7 great grandkids and 1 wonderful wife who's been my best friend for 54 years.
    The Old Biota Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't eat the turkey. He sat on my kitchen table and supervised the cooking, although he didn't do a very good job, because I forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin pie. Yuck!
    I started a blog. I am having trouble with getting pictures on it though. Maybe it is our connection. We will be living in the fast lane next week though. We will be hooked up with DSL. YA!
    I forgot you were going shopping and I was supposed to leave my phone on is case you found somthing for the tea. Sorry I forgot.
    J

    ReplyDelete