With all this rain we've had, our garden is lush and thriving. I believe we've had around 10 inches of rain since June 1....amazing. My green beans are slowly climbing.
I also planted a second bed of green beans this time since the last three years our green beans were eaten by deer or munch on by insects. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of fresh green beans later this summer.
And our garlic is actually looking great too! I'm excited.....
Of course a summer can't go by without lots of kale. A mixture of red, dino and other varieties.
The regular basil is planted in the upper topsy-turvy planter......
and the bottom portion is planted with African basil.
Today was absolutely beautiful with sunny skies and 80 degree temperatures. Perfect for pulling weeds and hanging out wet laundry. In fact, today is the longest day of the year.....and tomorrow is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom Moo, love you.





Lovely garden. Mine is thriving too, especially the weeds. Spending much time there hoeing and pulling weeds, still, what a nice way to spend one's time...outdoors in the garden.
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking great Lisa. I really like those raised beds. Mine is doing well too. Bat house eh? I know we have some bats around, but I don't know where they roost. If they help with the mosquito population we need to get about 50 of the bat houses lol
ReplyDelete