Sunday, June 1, 2014

Abundance of Rain

Rain, rain and more rain.  Over 2 inches of rain fell last night, which caused havoc to many fields, roads, streams and low-level areas.  

Bike man and I went on a little drive early in the morning and headed north.  I was really surprised to see gushing streams in fields caused by excess rain that came down all night long.  We saw flooded farms, and many houses with standing water or pools in their yards.  The rain has finally settled down tonight, but more rain is expected after midnight.

I have to apologize for not blogging more often, but life has become busy, so realistically I will probably post once a week from now on until my crazy life settles down.  So, I was just thinking about vacation time.....what vacation I have to ask myself.  Too busy for a vacation.  That's pretty sad isn't it?  I hope things settle down soon because I hate it when life flies by and I can't even enjoy it.  Thanks everyone for still reading my blog.

5 comments:

  1. We, too, have had much rain, (here at my place nearly 3" so far, and it is still raining) but we did need it. My garden is deeply grateful, and things are sprouting. I, too, am busy beyond belief, and feel the same about vacation. Plus, am expecting visitors two, three times in the next month or two. Lushness of summer, overwhelms at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is good news for your vegetable garden. Enjoy your visitors and hopefully you can find some time to relax.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I still read your blog. I'm doing much better and hope now to come home end of June. Just need the DR's to be done with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krissy, please check your Facebook since I sent you a message. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Rest up so you can move back to Wisconsin. Can't wait for you to come back!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! tha'ts quite the washout! We sure got a lot of rain too - in the barn and a little in the basement.

    ReplyDelete