Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Sewing

I took time this afternoon to sew gift bags from the fabrics I bought yesterday.  If you have all your supplies handy, it doesn't take much time to put these little bags together.  It almost reached 60 degrees today, so I left the front door open while I happily sewed my little fabric bags.  My sewing machine was giving me a few problems this afternoon as it hasn't been cleaned for many years.  Surprisingly, I've been using an old Elna sewing machine back from the 1960's or 70's.  My girlfriend gave me the sewing machine that belonged to her mother-in-law.  It's a wonderful machine, but desperately needs to be cleaned and oil.  Even the foot peddle squeaks!

The sunshine today felt wonderful and I even got out for a run.  Cold weather please be gone.....just go away, please???  

4 comments:

  1. They are pretty sweet. Sewing is a love of mine, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, I can do a little more sewing, or at least fit it in when I have some free time. I do want to make a new bed quilt....that is my future project when I have LOTS of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was warm here too- so enjoyable- not a single complaint- just smiles all around. A few more days of it is expected and then a bit cooler again- but oh well. Those bags are cute- and I love that you are using an old machine- they are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that your temp was in the 60's.
    It appears that your wish is being granted. Spring!!
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete