Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm Closing My Eyes

This time of year is just tough on my nerves, you know, when the lake ice is leaving.....slowly.  So, I came home after work and found Bike man's son Mike out on the lake ice fishing.  I cringed.  Besides the 54 degrees today with sunshine, the winds were gusting to 30 mph.  The ice is slowly leaving us and I've been pretty vocal about NO MORE ICE FISHING.  They better listen to me or else.

On a different note, the Son called me tonight to tell me his girlfriend's plane would be flying over our house in five minutes.  Trisha was flying back from Providence tonight and he was watching her flight plan online.  I walked outside in the dark and within about 8 minutes her plane flew exactly over our house and was descending towards the Minneapolis airport.  I was so exited and how cool is that?  I love technology.  We've always know we were right on the flight path for the Minneapolis airport, but I never knew you could actually watch someones plane online.  So cool.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh- that makes me nervous too! That ice is so hard to know if it will hold at this time of year… yikes! So cool about the plane- I guess I didn't realize you could track it that way either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't be too cautious with thin ice, I'm with you. Also, thanks so much for all your good thoughts I can use all I can get these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES! Nervous?! That would absolutely scare the beegeezus out of me!

    ReplyDelete