Friday, February 14, 2014

Vacation Day (for me)

 
Enjoyed a vacation day today visiting my nephew and twin sister in Wausau, while Bike man attended a State-wide water conference in Stevens Point.  I loved spending time with Tim and we even got to enjoy lunch at a place called Becca's Café!  I then headed back to Stevens Point later in the afternoon, just in time for social hour and the annual awards dinner at UW-Stevens Point.
 
I purposely seated myself in the chair with the chocolate cheesecake.  Looks good doesn't it?  Well, I was very disappointed as my homemade cheesecake is so much better than this commercially made cheese dessert.  It was kind of like cheesecake, only softer.  I ate two bites and then aborted my dessert eating.  Guess I'm just a cheesecake snob!

I'll be driving back to Wausau tomorrow morning to spend more time with my sister and her family, and then head back to Point to pick up Bike man and head for home.  After weeks of subzero weather, it's nice to get away and forget about the cold weather.  Oh it was still cold today, but just traveling to a different community makes it feel......different.  It's all psychological I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. If you are the cheesecake queen, there is no need to settle, my friend. You know what the best tastes like. I see no need to ingest the calories of something that is less than the best.
    Glad you had a good day.
    Continue to stay warm...and enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jackie, don't waste the time eating calories that are mediocre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is nice to be able to take a day off once in a while. Glad you were able to. Bummer the cheesecakse wasn't as fantastic as you thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am a cheesecake snob, as well as a wine snob, and a bread snob....and probably lots more. Agree, eating less than wonderful food is a waste in all aspects!

    ReplyDelete