The bitterly cold weather is messing with our plans, like for one week now. This poor little boy has been the only child showing up at story time. Guess all the other moms and grandmothers are content to stay home during the subzero temperatures. Today my Children's Librarian, Jolene, planned a teddy bear tea.
So we made a pot of candy cane tea and Callen really loved it. Can you believe a three-year old loving tea? He was such a good sport today being the only child at our story time program. I sure hope the weather softens soon so people will be more apt to move around with their normal routes. My work place has been extremely quiet this week.....on second thought, maybe we need that at this time of the year?
NO ONE showed at story hour at our library this week. Usually the daycare children walk over (not a long walk) but it was too cold. Next week I have the girls on Tuesday so we will make story hour, which they love.
ReplyDeleteWell then I don't feel so bad. I think many people just stayed home with the subzero weather. Today was much better. Felt like a heatwave @ 16 degrees!
Delete