It's December and it's cold, really really cold. I'm not sure why, but it's hard to get motivated when it's so cold outside....I'm talking those subzero temperatures. So as we move closer to Christmas, I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit, but so far it's not clicking. I think once I can start Christmas baking, it will put me in that Christmas spirit. I just need to smell and taste those gingerbread men and the sugar cookies!
On a side note, I just finished reading Marty Basch's book, Twenty-Nine Hills. I promised Bike man I would read this book since it's about a married couple that rides the Great Divide trail. Future bike trip? Maybe.....

What! Christmas? We've got to have Thanksgiving first.....oh, wait a minute....
ReplyDeleteFunny Tom!
DeleteBaking sounds like something that is right up your alley. Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteI use to bake a lot more when our kids were little.
DeleteI, too, am having difficulty getting the 'Christmas Spirit', for me, perhaps too much emotional expending at Thanksgiving??? I hope with the baking to start, that the spirit will infuse me, too.
ReplyDeleteI think this cold weather and a few Alberta Clippers will get us in the mood.
DeleteI've got the holiday spirit! I think it must be because I'm done with the annoying shopping but even more so because I get to see my DAD, MOM/Gerry/Brother and his family soon - CANT WAIT!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice Kellie, I'm happy for you. I remember meeting your mom @ the library.
Delete