This has happened in previous years where sub zero temperatures show up in early December. Do I like it? No, especially the wind that creates an irritating windchill. Trust me, there's a big difference between -8 degrees with a 10 mph north wind or -8 degrees with calm conditions. We actually didn't see zero degrees until around noon, so I wasn't motivated to go outside until then. I just couldn't make myself go outside for a run, especially with the wind blowing. I actually kept busy today with my domestic chores. Sometimes it's good to just have a day at home with no commitments.
Bike man certainly knew how to use his time wisely today. He made his delicious polenta lasagna....two pans, wow. He also made me a new batch of homemade yogurt!
Besides house chores and laundry.....there's the Hallmark channel. Hey, those sappy movies grow on ya!



A sign of a wonderful cook: no measurements and ability to change up the recipe.
ReplyDeleteHe's a keeper!
Stay warm, my friend. (We have the air conditioner going...have had it going all week. It is bound to cool off here soon. I hope.)
Hugs and love,
Jackie
Did you say air conditioning? What??? It's almost like we live in two different worlds Jackie! Ice check....we should have around 8 inches of lake ice with all this cold weather. Will ice fishing very soon.
DeleteYes. Air conditioning. We do live in the same great country, and what a difference latitude makes.
DeleteThank you for the ice check. You know that I love the fact that your lake freezes over. I canNOT imagine that at all. It would be a treat for me to be able to walk on a lake. Amazing.
Warm hugs to you,
Jackie
Looks mighty good!
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve the whole lasagna pan with all those bike miles you have ridden for 2013. Good effort Tom.
DeleteHow lovely the snow, I can't wait until I get my skis out. We have a mere dusting, but promises of more to come. Lasagna looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to putting on my snowshoes and walking around the lake. We'll have a new layer of snow by late tonight, but then it's gets really cold again for Monday.
DeleteI know you would love the polenta lasagna Joanne. You can buy the already made polenta at your Viroqua Co-op. Check out the recipe in my Turtle Recipes menu.
Definitely a baking/watching tv kind of day. Sure hope we don't get the 3-5 inches of snow they are forecasting.
ReplyDeleteThey are calling for 2-5 inches today and then the winds kick up to 20 mph tonight so we'll have blowing and drifting.
Delete