Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pioneer Woman

Besides her new children's books, Ree Drummond has just published her third cookbook.  I cataloged her book on Friday and brought it home to review over the weekend.  So far I like the recipes, very typical of Ree's style.....homemade, easy and great step-by-step photographs.

 
Ree Drummond and Me

I actually met Ree in November of 2009 at the Mall of America for a book signing.  Aunt Krissy and I stood in line for almost three hours to get a 10 second chit chat with her since she was promoting her first cookbook.  After reading her blog Pioneer Woman for a year, I really wanted to met her.  I don't read her blog as often as I want, but hey, now I can see her on the Food Network channel!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading cookbooks. I'll have to check this out. My friend Monica and I (Rural Alphabet) are currently working on a cookbook...probably not complete for a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a lot of her recipes too. They are easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete