Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cleaning Up

There's an abundance of kale still hanging around in our garden.  You gotta love kale for being one of those hardy cold weather plants.  Picked a whole grocery bag today and there's tons more still out there.  Made some Mexican rice tonight for dinner and what did I throw in the pot?  That's right, kale!  Very tasty.
 
Bike man and I worked outside all afternoon.  It's that time of the year when the yard needs to be raked, the garden needs to be cleaned and everything needs to be winterized.   We got a good start, but we still have more raking to do. 

Got a run/walk in today with my dear friend Joan.  Friends make exercise much more enjoyable! Bike man switched his road bike to the trainer.  I guess this means we're ready for winter.....well maybe.

3 comments:

  1. What a good feeling to put the garden to rest...and oh, so thankful for that hearty kale. Me, I could be ready for winter soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I know that feeling- only a maybe when it comes to really being ready :)

    ReplyDelete