Saturday, October 12, 2013

Marathon Cooking

Today was marathon cooking day.  Drove to Minneapolis this morning so I could help Becca prepare food for her roommate's (Artena) wedding.  The wedding will be on October 27, so this was the big day to prepare the food.
 
We had a couple helpers today, Arlene, bride's mom on the left and Renee, bride's friend.
 
So the plan was to make 72 servings of beef stew and another 72 servings of Chicken Wild Rice soup.  We actually got everything assembled within 5 hours.  The beef stew was still slowly cooking in the Nesco cookers (had 2 cookers) when I left to drive home.  The soup was almost  done, except for the wild rice which was still cooking separately.  After I left to go home, Becca had the chore of packing up the stew and soup to be froze until the wedding day.
 
The ladies at the end of our cooking day.  Left to right, Becca, Arlene and Artena.
 
Drove home late in the afternoon.  To my surprise, the Son and his girl friend Trisha came to visit us.  Of course big boy Aiden had to find a nice warm lap to relax in....he's sooooo spoiled.  Busy day today....I'm pooped! 

4 comments:

  1. What a busy day...
    Time to kick back and relax, Lisa.
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. First time here. Followed Jackie who always follows my yarns and I am turning up some fab people/places. Nice photos. Love the cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marathon cooking...women after my own heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great day for cooking and visiting with your friends. You wouldn't happen to have the recipe for the soup would you?

    ReplyDelete