Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Clean Up Began

So the work began today.   Picking up tree limbs and branches from our recent snow storm took all day.  Thank heavens Chris and Trisha decided to come over and help.  Actually, we lucked out as many people down the road  had much more damage than we did. 

The snow finally melted over the last three days, so Trisha and  I spent several hours raking, while the guys moved the yard waste and did other spring yard work during the day.

Of course we had to take a little break to visit the Cottage Winery for a little wine tasting!

We tasted five different wines while taking our time just enjoying the countryside view.  The sixty degree temperature today was so appreciated.  After our freak snow storm dumping a foot a snow......life just has to get back to normal.  Bring on spring.....

4 comments:

  1. Glad that the temperature is warmer and spring has arrived for you.

    ReplyDelete

  2. A wine break is always good! and what I like about Spring clean-up is the wonderful exercise while being out of doors. We took a long bike ride yesterday, now back to the clean-up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so hopeful right along with you! We didn't get the dump- just rain and gray and cold- but the sun broke through a few minutes ago and I am hopeful the warm they've talked about is here :)

    ReplyDelete