Friday, May 10, 2013

Over the River and Through the Woods

 To grandma's house I go!  I always enjoy my drive down to southern Wisconsin.  Couldn't help myself, but I just had to stop and take photos of the Sandhill Cranes out in the farm fields.

At the time I took this photo, I didn't see the geese hovering down in the grass....those sneaky devils!
 
My route takes me alongside the Pine River in Richland County.
 
Was amazed to see the leaves on the tree really opening up here in southwestern Wisconsin.  The spring flowers are all above ground and blooming....wow.  The Magnolia tree is also blooming.
 
 
Found a patch of Bloodroot growing in my parent's yard behind the garage.  Love this spring wildflower.  Just a short visit to see my parents and celebrate Mother's Day and my father's 85th birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful! We have two Sand hill cranes that live in the field just across the road from our house...year after year. This year we also have two Canadian Geese, and often the four of them, or the two males, can be seen together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see! I love seeing sandhill cranes- and the geese would have surprised me too. What great milestones- mother's day and your father's birthday too- wow for 85 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I saw a crane yesterday for the first time too.

    ReplyDelete