I was a little nervous, not knowing what to expect today. The Son said, "hey, let ride Lowes Creek mountain bike trails.....come on mom, you wanna ride don't you? Bike man and I haven't ridden technical off-road trails too much over the last ten years. Before riding, we checked the Lowes Creek trails online to see what we would be dealing with today.
I have to say I was impressed. There were trails for all levels of bike handling. We mainly stuck to the easy single track, however some of the easy trails had nice tree roots and man-made ramps. We actually had a lot of fun riding the double-wide ski trails and the easy single track. Our Son rode a a couple intermediate single track trails planted with rocks and steep vertical drops.....not for me, no way!
The Son asked me if I miss our mountain bike racing & riding days, 15-12 years ago. I guess I miss the confidence and the bike handling skills that I once learned. Even Bike man noticed his reservation of bike handling skills today, but after an hour and a half of riding, it all comes back to you.....I will always love mountain biking. Dirt & sweat is good!
Chris, catching some air!


I like this post a lot.
ReplyDeleteOh, how I still love a ride on single-track in the hills. Luckily our land is adjacent to the Kickapoo Valley Reserve's 8000 acres.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great ride! and fun video!
ReplyDeleteI rode Lowes for the first time Saturday night with a coworker/racer about half my age. I gotta beat up little bit.You guys didn't ride the "onion" I hope.
ReplyDeleteHi GentleMan John.....no way, I saw the onion trail but knew it wasn't for me. We tried one intermediate trail but the vertical drops were too scary for me. Ten years ago we rode those technical trails and were totally fine. Age really makes you think twice.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you.
Those were some fun trails!
ReplyDeletenow I'm thinking some single-track, need a break from the gravel. Good post...
ReplyDelete