What a long and stressful (political) day. The best part of my day? My folks decided to drive up to our house here in northwest Wisconsin and I was so thrilled. We enjoyed a nice home cooked meal with lots of fresh grilled vegetables. So the worst part of my day? Well, with the outcome of the much watched recall election here in Wisconsin, Bike man and I realized any environmental issue are now doomed. We now realized that money talks and money makes all the difference in a political race. The poor will get poorer and the rich will get richer! Bike man and I call it idiocracy!
Thank God for a beautiful sunset tonight, it's helps take the mind off of life's frustrations. I'm glad my parents came to visit. I'll be taking time off from work tomorrow to just spend the day with the folks and hopefully do some fun things during the day.

You are very lucky.
ReplyDeleteI've been away from blogging for a few weeks, but just took the chance to catch up. Sounds like you are having pretty good biking weather. I did 9 miles today (and had a bike crash) but you amaze me with your 20 mile "fun" rides. Glad to see your mother is doing so much better!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very nice and relaxing time, so good to have parents visit. I'm just back from a 15 mile bike ride, and feel so invigorated. Beautiful day here, now up to the vineyard.
ReplyDelete