We haven't spent much recreational time together, so finally this morning Bike man and I decided we needed some ride time together. Sunshine, and warmer temperatures convinced us to get our road bikes out.
I've only ridden Ruby twice this month.....yikes! I was surprised to see no bridge closing sign posted as we crossed the bridge this morning. Still not sure when the Tainter Lake bridge will be shut down, but hopefully we will have another month or so.
I meant to take a photo of the lake as we rode by my favorite spot on the southside of the lake.....well Bike man kind of got in the way of the picture (he never likes to stop ya know?)!
Rejuvenated later today with some tasty colorful vegetables cooked on the gas grill. Lots of olive oil, and my favorite Penzey's spice mix. So delicious. Also slowly cooked two small pork loins prepared with a special tea rub from Infinitea Teahouse. Nice end to a long week. (21 miles)


what's your favorite penzey's mix?
ReplyDeleteboth the tea rub and your grilled veggies sound fantastic!
Hi Liz, this time I used Penzey's Mural of Flavor. On the pork loin I used the tea rub that contains lapsang souchong (smokey tea) and other spices. I also used Penzey's Arizona Dreaming on the pork. I'm a big fan of Penzey's spices!!!
ReplyDeleteyour post is making me hungry. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat!? No stopping!
ReplyDeleteI know that you will miss your rides over Tainter Lake bridge in a month or so. Hopefully, it won't be shut down for long. Until then, continue to enjoy your rides with Bikeman.
ReplyDeleteLove olive oil and veggies, and your photo of the veggies on the grill look delish!
Hugs to you, Lisa!!
J.
Wow, I agree that was some riding you did! Tea rubbed- you teach me something new all the time Lisa! Sounds so yummy!
ReplyDeleteGreat day for a ride! Glad you were both able to get out and enjoy a ride!
ReplyDeleteGreat day for a ride! Glad you were both able to get out and enjoy a ride!
ReplyDelete