It wasn't long into my ride and I discovered a small turtle crossing the state highway. I have to admit, I can certainly relate to that turtle. That turtle just wanted to take his time, and he didn't want to feel rushed. He was on a mission to cross the road and he didn't appreciate the noise of cars, but he kept going until......
I showed up! With vehicles coming in both directions, I dismounted on my bicycle and quickly scooped him up. A few photos, and then I set him down along the edge of the highway to continue on his merry way into the grassy area. I guess that's the life of a turtle!
I stopped briefly to take a photo of the Hay River, which just happens to be the river that flows into our lake, north of our house. Not a lot of color yet since the leaves are just opening on the trees. This is a pretty darn good river for fishing.....excellent for launching a canoe and floating down the river for a relaxing afternoon. Bike man and I have fond memories of floating this river with fishing poles, wine coolers, and my bikini!!!!!
You are a turtle saint...
ReplyDeleteThat turtle is lucky you came along.
ReplyDeleteThat river does look divine for tubing and fishing :) Glad you helped that turtle out- nothing worse than coming across a turtle that has fatefully tangled with a car :)
ReplyDelete