Monday, April 9, 2012

Blustery Conditions

Arrived home after work and it was only 41 degrees with a 25 mph winds blowing.....yikes! Hesitated a bit, but then talked myself into my 3 mile run despite the blustery conditions.Guess the running effort wasn't as bad as I thought, but I still dressed warm! Once I had time later tonight, I checked our little green house.

Yup, the small heater was doing it's job keeping the greenhouse comfortably warm, especially for tonight's low temperatures in the twenty degree range.

We have six shelves total of potted vegetable plants. It's still early and the plants have not developed.......probably another two weeks and green plants will emerge. Patience, and more patience for warmer days. Kind of feels like March weather. Could this be payback for all the exceptionally warm days in March????

6 comments:

  1. Here's hoping spring has sprung and this will be the last days of blustery weather for you all.
    Love the greenhouse and know that you will enjoy fresh veggies soon!
    Hugs and love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard warm won't be back for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Green House! The patience will pay off, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We prob already had our nice spring. fingers are corssed for nice weather agin tho.. sure am tired of this wind too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We prob already had our nice spring. fingers are corssed for nice weather agin tho.. sure am tired of this wind too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm jealous of your greenhouse! We decided to forego the garden this year because the baby's due right around planting time for most things...and the garden's really my thing more than my husband's and I didn't really want to constantly be asking him to go out and...fill in the blank w/ garden task :) Can't wait to see what grows! Here's to warmer weather again!

    ReplyDelete