Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Special Treat

She lives a quiet life now and doesn't have a care in the world. Well actually, in her world every day seems like the same day over and over again. My mother-in-law lives with memory loss now, but she's still the same woman I remember from years ago.

I thought my mother-in-law deserved chocolates for Valentine's Day, so Bike man and I stopped by the specialty chocolate shop last weekend. You know, everyone deserves chocolate no matter how young or old you are.

We just happen to visit with my mother-in-law over the weekend, so I presented her with this lovely box of chocolates. " They're too pretty to eat " she says! After hesitation to pick her first candy to eat, I finally picked one for her to try. She only ate half, but I know she was pleased. My mother-in-law won't remember where the chocolates came from, but that's ok, we still love her just the same.

Happy Valentine's Day Grandma Winne.

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet gift and sentiment, Lisa.
    And, it's amazing what memories are stored in that special place in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing your love for her on Valentine's Day...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some beautiful chocolates. Saw on my Tookie blog that you had commented about wanting to look at some jewelry. Would you like to stop by some time or should I bring some to the library? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete