Monday, February 20, 2012

More Tracks

I love animal tracks. On Saturday I was telling the Chinese students (remember the smiley girls?) that I enjoyed looking for animal tracks in the snow and I really like identifying the animals by their tracks. The girls wanted to know what kind of animals have I identified. "Well I said, I know we have fox, wolves, coyotes etc. walking around the lake." All of a sudden one of the girls looked all scared. "Are they walking around now?" "Ohhhh, no, no I said." The girls started giggling......it was a nervous giggle. I'm not sure they were totally convinced. They were such sweet girls and really fun to talk to.

So the animal track beside my lip balm, 99% sure it's a gray fox. With a red fox, you usually see the nail prints in the snow and the gray fox you will not.


Found these crow or raven foot prints in the snow as well. Can't wait to find more fresh tracks in the snow. Should receive 2 inches of snow tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I don't want the snow. We've already got a 1/2 inch or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tracks and their ID.
    I learn something new every day.
    Absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete