Friday, November 25, 2011

What No Snow?

Yesterday was an amazing Thanksgiving with warm temperatures and sunny skies. Took a little break outside in the afternoon to enjoy the fire that Bike man made while chopping wood. We ended up charcoaling our turkey outdoors since we had such a nice day. Just a great day all around. Truly thankful our kids could come home for Thanksgiving.

Switching gears here, but I didn't want to eat turkey again tonight, so Becca put me on to a new blog that features eating foods in season. Please checkout Carpe Season and enjoy the beautiful photos and wonderful recipes. Tonight, I made the chicken with apple cream sauce (Nov. 16) post and thoroughly enjoyed every single bite......such an easy recipe too. I'm still slowly going through the older posts to find other recipes I want to try. Liz, the blog creator, is from Minneapolis and loves to cook and blog.

No real serious shopping today, except for a trip to Fleet Farm. The kids got motivated this morning and put up some Christmas lights.....looks nice. I was happy to have some help since decorating won't be on my mind a week and a half from now. Bike man and I will be taking my mom to Rochester for heart surgery and will probably spend a week there. Until then, life as normal.........

3 comments:

  1. Hard weekend to beat, with good food and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving wasn't it!
    How long did it take to grill the turkey? We've never done that before. Did the pumpkin cheesecake turn out?

    Good luck to your mother.. Hope she does well and is back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plug! I'm so glad you liked the apple chicken. I think you should do a post on grilling a turkey - never seen that done before!

    ReplyDelete