Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red Beauties

Wow, that's a lot of strawberries. The kids went and picked berries this morning......15 pounds worth! Ended up making four batches of freezer jam, one Rhubarb Strawberry pie and then froze a few packages of berries. The berry making went fast with all four of us involved in the whole process.

Simply a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and blue skies. Bike man and I spent several hours out on the lake this morning taking water clarity readings to monitor for blue green algae. Just a nice day all around for relaxing. It's hard to believe we were dealing with a heat index of 100 degrees yesterday.....so thankful for nice weather today.

3 comments:

  1. I had heard the wet weather had set the berries back some. Apparently not in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....i'm impressed. we picked a quart yesterday and had a blast....i love picking my own !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.... we are at 72 degrees and that's hot for us in Guffey. I remember canning and freezing in Minnesota with no air conditioning and SO much humidity! I will pass....you have fun though.

    ReplyDelete