We had our day planned as of last night, but family comes first.....so our plans changed today. The Son and his girl decided that today would be the best day to move all their stuff to their new apartment in St. Paul. Could we help? Of course mom and dad could help. Luckily, we got everything unloaded before the big rain storm hit. As the sky got darker and darker, we just kept taking loads and loads of boxes into the apartment.Unfortunately, the bathroom is still being remodeled, so the kids cannot move in until June 1. So, I really had to go potty. Do you see a toilet? Well, I was desperate, so I made the best of the situation. Thank heavens I'm not a girlie girl!!!!

By the time we arrived home, the rain stopped and the skies cleared. Just like last year, we are having beautiful sunsets every night. We've lived on the lake for 27 years and we never had such beautiful sunsets like this. Thanks to climate change, I've actually witness these weather changes over the last 30-35 years. Oops, I'm dating myself.
Minnesota is a good place to live.
ReplyDeleteI imagine they are very excited.
I'm up here just south of St Paul myself, cause your right 'family does come first' but good grief, that was some hail storm around 5:00 p.m. Saturday.
ReplyDeleteLOL Good thing you can make the most of a limited situation :) Looks like a nice apartment tho.
ReplyDeleteLove that sunset! Beautiful colors.
what we do for our kids....
ReplyDeleteour son just moved to a house with a bunch of boys. we moved him a year ago and told him this time he and all the guys were on their own.
they did a fantastic job, but my daughter and i went over after the first load was delivered {so he was back out with the uhaul truck} and surprised him by rearranging his bedroom and organizing his closet for him :)
i still like playing mom :)
Ahh that last shot is just gorgeous and makes me long to live near the water... not too near, but you know what I mean :) Your kids are lucky you are so willing to drop what you are doing and help! The apartment looks like it will be great when its all finished :)
ReplyDelete