Saw the weather radar this morning and put it into high gear. My window of opportunity for a ride with Ruby was very, very small.....like less than two hours. It's not so much the rain I was concerned with, but cycling in a thunderstorm terrifies me. Had to ride solo, bummer. Well, I made it! Arrived home to a yard full of dandelions that needed to be picked, and then the storms hit, one right after another. Haven't we had enough rain now? Come on, this is getting really old.So why isn't Bike man joining me on bike rides? He still is dealing with physical health aliments and lots of doctor appointments. I hope the doctors can find him some relief from the pain that he feels everyday. Next week is the Cardiologist checkup, so I'm also hoping for a good report. Because of all this, we have not planned any bicycle trips this summer. I'm still hopeful that we can plan our ride south to Dubuque, but if not, then we'll have something to look forward to next summer. On a brighter note, Bike man can still manage to proceed with his lake & stream monitoring, water sample testing, clean boats/clean water program and training water volunteers. Currently, he's in need of a volunteer to help him with lake monitoring and testing for algae. Once he finds that certain person, then his summer should proceed much easier.
(road 22 miles)
I rode with a person today who is also terrified of thunderstorms.
ReplyDeletesend some rain up to AK! we have not had any and things are very dry. that means the start of forest fire season. I would rather have rain then have to water my lawn and garden!
ReplyDeleteglad you had a good trip.
Rose
Ohhh, please send those rain clouds to us! Our forest fire season began in March and that's usually our snowiest month!
ReplyDeleteI hope Bike Man gets to feeling better and gets whatever treatment he needs. Maybe there will be good times of biking together close to home this summer.
ReplyDeleteI hate thunderstorms. Yesterday I was right after a big tree came down on the trail. I turned around and made a mistake of listening to the radio. Now I hear tornado watch. I made it back home in record time.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope things start improving fast for the B-man, we guys need our bike riding yanno. :-)
I hate thunderstorms. Yesterday I was right after a big tree came down on the trail. I turned around and made a mistake of listening to the radio. Now I hear tornado watch. I made it back home in record time.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope things start improving fast for the B-man, we guys need our bike riding yanno. :-)