I'm really excited for my friend Jeanne. You see, after all her academic accomplishments throughout her life, she recently accomplished a life-long dream.....writing a fictional book about basketball for young girls.
Jeanne Foley (PhD), is a associate professor in the department of math, stats and computer science at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. I met Jeanne shortly after she moved to the community where I work. My new friend was a lover of books and a supporter of my little library! I used to see Jeanne frequently as she stopped by my library to pick up her new stash of recreational reading. Several years ago, Jeanne decided to move and live closer to the university. I really missed her weekly visits.Well, just recently I received an email from Jeanne letting me know she had just authored a book, especially for young girls interested in the sport of basketball. Since Jeanne coached the women's basketball team at Michigan Tech and Princeton University, she was a natural for writing a novel about the sport. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am for Jeanne and writing her first novel. The best part is, her sister Terry published her sister's book......Peppermint Books.
I met up with Jeanne this afternoon, and she graciously gave me two copies of her new book....one for me and one for the library. It was great to catch up on old times and enjoy a cup of coffee with my friend. I also enjoyed meeting her partner Catherine, and their fury feline friends. I made a new friend today with Mocha! Mocha warmed up to me and enjoyed my lap while we chit chatted. Cats and books....they just go together!
Checkout Jeanne's webpage.
That is very cool!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for her! It feels good to accomplish goals!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for her, I hope the sales go well for her book.
ReplyDelete