Friday, February 4, 2011

What Do You Think?

What do you think.....this Kindle E-Reader thing?

Does it look like a book?

Does it feel like a book? I don't know.....I have mixed feeling about turning the pages with the 5-way controller button. I'm still scratching my head when it comes to electronic books. I think I might miss the glossy colorful book jackets, and the feel of paper, and the physical touch or the heaviness of a real book. I've always preferred hardcovers verses trade books (soft covers). Well, I guess this is part of my job ya know.....being a techie librarian and all. But hey, I don't have to LOVE it, just learn it!!!!



3 comments:

  1. I don't like ipods, ipads, or smart phones. Kindles don't do it for me. My kids just laugh at me when it comes to texting. Blogging is becoming antiquated.
    I like good old fashioned email, and I think carrying a phone around to TALK with other people is pretty cool, but, I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried them yet, for the same reasons you stated. I like having the book on my shelf so I can pick it up again and feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like turning pages, but I am even older then Tom.

    ReplyDelete