So I wanted to make a nice late breakfast, especially since Bike man had worked for nearly 4 hours this morning clearing snow and raking snow off our roof. I decided to make a nice potato hash with bacon, colored peppers and of course.....jalapenos. This time I used two instead of one. These particular jalapenos seemed hotter than normal. Oops!
Thirty minutes after eating our late breakfast, Bike man in a very nonchalant voice, looked over at me and said, "I think we better head to Menomonie." Huh? What bike man really was trying to say was.....you better take me to the hospital because I'm having chest pain!!!
Wow, wasn't prepared for that one. To make a long story short, Bike man was transported over to the Eau Claire hospital so he could be seen by a Cardiologist. At the moment he is feeling ok, and the doctor really isn't sure what happened but ordered a stress test for tomorrow morning and then we'll take it from there. So not sure if he a mild heart attack or the possibility of a blockage somewhere in the arteries. The other explanation (here's the part where I feel really bad) could be a combination of too spicy foods, combined with extreme physical exercised, downed with a cup of strong coffee. OMG, did I almost kill my husband???
Keep Bike man in your thoughts and lets hope it was just a bad food judgment call on my part. I hope I can bring my husband home tomorrow afternoon. More news tomorrow.
PS. We received around 12 inches of snow this morning and another 2 inches tonight.
My best to you and Ted.
ReplyDeleteLisa, you know that I'll keep Ted in my prayers. Here's hoping for a trip home tomorrow...and NO peppers for him for a while.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy that snow! We had the air conditioner on in the house today. Warm as toast here...and I would love for you to share your snow with us.
Keep me posted about Ted, please, Lisa....
Love,
Jackie
Hope everything turns out fine.
ReplyDeleteI hope it was your cooking and not anything else!
ReplyDeleteOuch! Here's hoping the doctor's find out what was wrong and can pinpoint it to something so you know what to avoid in future. Hope he is well enough to come home today!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I am thinking of both of you :) I know the coffee I make (strong and black) has recently been giving my husband heartburn- I guess I better take note too. Hope he is able to come home with a healthy report today!
ReplyDeleteLisa - I hope you get good news (that he had an esophageal spasm due to the peppers!) The esophageal spasms can feel just like a heart attack with jaw and pain radiating to shoulders. I get them and the only way I tell the difference is taking an antacid will give relief almost as soon as it hits the bottom. once mine lasted 1/2 hour (scary). I did the complete cardiac work up and that's what it was.
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys!
Thanks everyone, I'll keep you all posted.
ReplyDeleteHey cousin!!! Thanks for joining my blog following. Also, thanks for the esophageal spasms information....the doctor did talk about that yesterday so now I'm feeling really guilty for using two jalapenos in my cooking.
Ted is threating me this morning with sneaking "ghost pepppers" into my food when I'm not looking! Payback!!!!!
Maybe you'll have to ease up on those peppers:)
ReplyDeleteThinking about you guys and praying all goes well for Bike Man today.