Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Sky

The only time I feel tall is when I see my shadow. Yup, that's me out snowshoeing this afternoon. I had the choice of watching the Packers/Bears game, or the chance to head out on the lake with my snowshoes......I think you know what I choose to do! Not all was lost however, I was able to watch the 3rd & 4th quarter and see the Packers win. Good job Green Bay!

The sky and clouds were amazing today and you only see these type of cloud formations during the winter months. I couldn't stop starring at the sky, it was just beautiful.


I walked my usual one hour around the two islands and one bay area west of our house. Hit alittle wind coming from the south, but I just pulled my fleece turtle higher above my chin to stay warm.


I was just happy to be outside taking in the cold sunshine. The animal tracks were plentiful out on the lake, and it's always fun to stop and identify the tracks. Saw lots of deer tracks, which doesn't surprise me. I also saw tracks that looked to be like a coyote.....kind of like large cat paw prints that were out in the middle of the lake. That was very unusual to see those types of larger animal tracks way out on the frozen lake. It makes me wonder if these animals are out wondering on the lake ice during the night hours or early morning hours. How come I never see these animals? Guess I still have that biology background still lurking in me from childhood....thanks dad.



5 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend a winter sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good day outside. What's it like to be tall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved the length of a shadow myself. Lovely images of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me smiling through this whole post! Your photos speak well of the beauty you were surrounded with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa!!! How wonderful to see you (well...a shadow of you!!)
    Do you know how 'strange' it sounds to this 'suthurn' girl to read "animal tracks out on the lake"...?!! Only in winter wonderland could that happen!!!Soooo beautiful....and I want to be there (have I mentioned that at least a million times? :)) )
    Also, I want to tell you how special it was to have my OWN photo of Annabelle. That made my day....absolutely made my day. I wish you could have been here to hear me squeal!!!! Thank you, thank you for sending that to me!!!!!!!!!
    Keep warm, and keep walking, snowshoeing (is that a word?)...and biking in that beautiful land of snow and ice that you have to enjoy.
    Your photo of the sky and clouds is beautiful.....and I would do exactly what you did.....look and look and look at that beauty for as long as I could. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Hugs to your Mom and Dad....
    Squeeeezes to Annabelle from me!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete