Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This Feeling About.......

As I trudged across the lake on my snowshoes, it kinda of hit me....this feeling about living for today and don't worry about tomorrow. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. That thought kept running through my head as I tried to get into the flow of breaking snow with my snowshoes and feeling the cool damp air against my face. All I wanted to do was concentrate on the present moment and not think about what tomorrow will bring. That's hard however, because our minds are wired for what lays ahead.....tomorrow....the future. Sometimes you just have to learn to shut down the thoughts and put everything on pause. Being outside today allowed me to do just that.
Hey, look who just happened to be out on the lake enjoying a little ice fishing! With a temperature around 20 degrees this afternoon, it felt like a heatwave....really.
Continued my cooking adventure tonight with the "Double Delicious" cookbook and experimented with a broccoli stir fry, accented with fresh orange and ginger. I decided to top off the stir fry with green onions and cashews. So what was the sneaky ingredient? I added pureed carrots to the citrus soy sauce.....excellent. Too bad the recipe didn't call for pineapple because that would have been an awesome combination. Cooked up red thai rice to serve with the stir fry. No worries, it was a low-fat meal!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Bike Man has all the right gear for fishing! hope he caught something! 20 degrees is a perfect temp.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the many reasons to bicycle in tough conditions is that you only think about the moment. You can't worry about tomorrow and be rolling on ice at the same time very well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did Bike Man bring home the bacon er fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effects on the first photo....AND those footprints...sigh.
    I hope that Bike Man made some mighty catches on (in) that frozen lake.
    Smiles and warm hugs to you, my friend...
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete