Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friends Make the Difference

It was one of those spur-of-the-moment type of things. I attended church service this morning and ended up invited some friends to come over to enjoy the afternoon out on Tainter Lake. My friends Nancy and Bill just bought their snowshoes yesterday, so they were very excited to break them in today.


Remember Kim.....my riding partner on the Red Cedar trail? Well, even Kimmy was up for the challenge of spending the afternoon out in the cold.


Kim's husband Neil even tried Bike man's snowshoes!


We had some snowshoe trading going on this afternoon, but hey, everyone got their workout on the shoes. Oh wait.........



Bike man tended to his awesome fire.....the best fire ever I want you to know! We ended our snowshoeing with roasted hot dogs and brats. Yup it was cold, like 12 degrees, but the company of friend was great.
In preparation of next week, I wanted to let my blog readers know that I am partaking in a week of physical fasting. I've never done this before, but I want to experience a week of no distractions and a spiritual growth in my faith. So basically, I'm saying that I will not be blogging next week, but will spend the week focusing on my faith, my church family and our society in general. Don't worry, I promise to return to blogging and commenting on your blogs when I've completed my week.
PS. Thanks Son for shoveling the snow off the roof....your help is appreciated!





7 comments:

  1. You WisConSinItes sure know how to enjoy the midwest winters. Fantastic.
    May your week be uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you're taking time out. I hope that your week is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could enjoy the outdoors with friends. Hope this week is a blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fasting is extremely hard for me, but I've done it numerous times in the past. The first day is the hardest. Fasting from blogging is an intriguing idea...it is good to spend time on spiritual growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sunday looked like a good time. Good luck w/your fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be thinking of you on your fast! 12 degrees doesn't sound too bad. We fell into the deep freeze this morning and its -15 :)

    ReplyDelete