Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Busy Day

Got out this morning for a short neighborhood bicycle ride.....I mean a country ride. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Here's a photo of my friend's (Joan) hobby farm, which happens to be less than a mile from our house.

Of course I had to stop at the railroad tracks to look for the train....no train, but I did hear lots of birds singing.


Those dang Asian beetles. That thing was pinching me, or should I say bitting me? Had to stop and fling it off my leg. Ouch!!!


The highlight of our day was an outdoor wedding that we attended at the Caddie Woodlawn historical park. Our friend Sarah, and her husband Greg, got married today. What a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding.




We hung out with our friends Anna and Jeff at the wedding today. I took lots of pictures and enjoyed great local organic food, pared with delicious wine. The wedding reception was held at the Creamery in Downsville, WI.....right off the Red Cedar trail, that I just happen to ride once a week. We had a beautiful night with temperatures in the 60's. A great day for a fall wedding.









4 comments:

  1. Your rural life is very appealing to me. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever been to an outdoor wedding. The day was sure perfect and colorful for such an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect'O day for a wedding. My brother was married outdoors, in a park, was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks loke fun was had by all. Those dang bugs! I had one trapped in my bra today!

    ReplyDelete